Share |

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

To Enlighten: HIV infections increasing among homosexuals

I do not desire to comment on this issue as I think its so abominable, however I do seek to enlighten so thought I would share.

Reportedly, in countries where laws criminalize gay and lesbian relationships, HIV infections are on the rise and sufferers aren't seeking help (can you blame them?). "It is unacceptable" that 85 countries still have laws criminalizing same sex relations among adults, including seven that impose the death penalty for homosexual practices, stated Michel Sidibe, the head of UNAIDS. Sidibe said he was "very scared" because bad laws are being introduced by countries (he did mention the proposed Ugandan law) making it impossible for these at risk groups to have access to services. "You also have a growing conservatism which is making me very scared." Read more here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Rights Times | Template Blue by TNB